Good Morning and Happy ALMOST Christmas!
To remind myself (and you) that this is still a blog that will throw in some running now and then… I decided to give you all a little catch-up with:: my running, not-running, will-be-running, possible-training-plan, etc.
It has been almost 5 weeks since Richmond Marathon. I was feelin it afterward for a few weeks, and in a way, still am a bit. I am thankful that I made it through the entire process un-injured, but that did not leave me avoiding the extreme exhaustion my legs have been dealing with.
To combat this, I have gone through phases of various other activities. Among these…. Total Rest (Took off a full week. Hated every second of it.) Aqua-jogging (Surprisingly liked it! Did it everyday for a week straight. And then… never did it again. Huh.) Circuit/HIIT/Tabata (Also did this everyday for a week straight. Then stopped. Again, don’t know why. Hmm…)
I seem to have workout ADD right now. Since training hasn’t kicked in and I am still trying to tell myself to take it easy, rest the legs to completely rid them of the tired-ness, and gain weight to get that period…. my runs have been sporadic and random.
Here is what my runs the last two weeks have looked like:
- Nothing longer than a 10 miler with my dad at 8min pace (a month ago I would have considered 8 min pace to be easy-peasy, breathing-with-my-mouth-closed… but it most certainly is not that easy now!! Boy, out of shape comes fast!)
- Indoor running around the concourse of my University’s Basketball Arena: slow with a friend, slow by myself… 5-6 miles.
- A FAILED outdoor run the morning after my last final when I turned around after 8 mins. I thought I was going to pass out. I then proceeded to take a 2 hour nap. Bliss.
- Treadmill workout at 2% incline. 2 miles at 8min, 4 miles at 7min, 1 mile at 8min. Again, felt a LOT harder than it had a month or two ago!! 7min pace felt like a sprint!! ahhh
- Basically…. all my runs are feeling tough and tiring.
I emailed my nutritionist (and runner) to ask her opinion if this is what it feels like to be out of shape and trying to get back in shape, or if this is me being tired/overworked and I actually need more time off. I just don’t know….
…and to be honest, not sure I want to take complete rest days over the holiday eating season with a cruise and 24 hour buffet of delicious food (and a bathing suit) thrown in there.
Annnnnywho, I hope you all have joyful weeks with family/friends and you worry about NOTHING and do EVERYTHING your hearts desire!!!
How are your runs recently?
Tell me what your Christmas Day looks like!