Good Morning and Happy Thursday!
Can you believe we are less than a week from Christmas!?!
I have my last exam today in Environmental Management at noon… and it is gonna be a doozy!
While I am nervous as all-get-out, I did have some Good Omens yesterday that I think are definitely a sign to a great exam…right?? (Work with me here people…)
- Good Omen #1: The sun was out for the first time in days. Automatic awesomness.
- Good Omen #2: I got a great email from Leah at Running With the Hayneses telling me I WON her giveaway!!! I was over the moon!! Sarah (her sister) started her own pottery business, Get a Grip Pottery, and of course being an incredible endurance athlete and lover of all things
painfulrunning, she threw on some wonderful running mantras onto her pieces! I got to choose between the items, and the rest she is selling! Go check them out right now HERE!! Great Christmas gift (for yourself or others!) She is on Etsy, and we all know my obsession with Etsy…
- Good Omen #3: Mid-day call from my sister. She works super-duper hard in NYC and when we do get to talk it is literally at night was we both are falling asleep in our dinner after a long day. So an 11am call was a great surprise (even though she called because she was actually really frustrated. But that is a different story. I am lookin’ for these Omen’s anywhere I can…)
- Good Omen #4: My dad, the most selfless man in the world who never ever treats himself to things… bought himself a big ol’ truck!!! It is funny to say, but I am so proud of him! He deserves a car he loves and is happy about!
- Good Omen #5: I had a decent run for the first time in ages. I have been running in the evenings that last few days, and thus have to run inside (safety first kids!) I don’t like treadmills, so I run around the concourse of Indiana University’s basketball arena Assembly Hall. It is boring. It is gloomy. It is a a dry, hot heat. But no one is ever there, the halls are wide, and there must be 20+ bathrooms and water fountains (the real reason I run there, lets me honest). As awful as it sounds, the time flew by and my legs felt strong (ish) and I enjoyed it!
Yes, some of these I really had to stretch to make them be considered an “Omen”… but pre-exam time I will consider a decent song on the radio to be a good sign. I take ’em where I can get ’em people!
Have a great day guys! Stay happy and healthy : )
Do you guys have pre-race “omens” or rituals that you do/look for!?
Most BORING run you have ever done????