First of all, it is finals week for this girl… so posts may be few and far between! But no worries, I will be back strong next week 🙂
Now, a huge thanks to Miss Zippy for the wonderful idea to round off our year with some Running Highlights!
Here we go!
- Best Race Experience? Even though the Marathon was great, I would have to say the Boilermaker Half Marathon. I blew my previous time out of the water. It was totally unexpected. I felt great and powerful, and it was at this race when I KNEW this whole “gain weight to get healthy” plan is what my body was craving and convinced it was for the best.
- Best Run? This is a harder question than “What’s your favorite movie?” I had so many. But here are some top ones–Trail Run(s), Chicago 20 Miler, This One,
- Best New Piece of Gear? My road racing shoes– New Balance 1400’s. Fast and Light!
- Best Piece of Running Advice You Received? NOT training (i.e. long recovery weeks w/o running) IS Training. Take a long break, relax, put on some weight even….Your body will thank you when it comes time to hit it hard again.
- Best Inspirational Runner? My Dad. The guy is 60 years old and is going for a Boston Qualifying time next spring at the Carmel Marathon. Also, some running blogs I follow and gain incredible running tips and training ideas from– StridingStrong, HungryRunnerGirl, and CarrieOnAndRun. They are such talented runners and kind souls!
- If you could sum up your year in a couple of words, what would it be?
Eyeopening. A true learning experience. Trust in my body, Trust in myself. Treat yourself well.
Have a great Monday everyone!
One thing from your weekend?
Thing you are most looking forward to in the coming weeks?!?!