Hey Hey Friends!
((Check out I’m Feelin’ Good (Part 1) ))
Yesterday I had three doc appointments back-to-back-to-back.
It has been so incredible to see changes from June (when this all began) to now. Looking at the progress on a timeline really helps me see how far I have come and gives me encouragement that I can do anything.
My amazing Team of Three (Therapist, Nutritionist, Doctor) are wonderful. A few months ago, seeing them was more stressful than anything. NOW, I look forward to my meetings. I am eager to hear what they have to say… I can’t wait to have some crazy thought/pattern of behavior/meal struggles/emotional break-downs/etc dissected and used to help me, rather than hold me back.
***A Key Point? NOW, winter time… before I get into training for the Carmel Marathon… is the IDEAL time to HEAL and put on some weight.
Some other Favorite Take-Aways from the appointments:
- As my therapist said, “Andrea, I know you worry about getting out of control the other way and suddenly weighing 500 lbs and losing all sight of yourself, but know that you have THREE doctors who care deeply for you and want what is BEST for you. Trust us that we would not let you weigh 500 lbs. We are all on your side and you need to TRUST US.“
- From my Nutritionist (and amazing triathlete), “You need to change your mindset of “Time Off” and “Recovery”. You need to think of your training in the Big Picture. ‘Recovery’ is not ‘time-off-of-training’. It is probably the most essential part of training. Taking it easy is absolutely Training. And it needs to be done. Not training IS training!!“
- From my Therapy Session:: I still talk about running or exercise sometimes in terms of “I have to workout today.” I need to be focused on making the CHOICE to workout. It needs to be the clear voice of Andrea (not my eating disorder) that decides to workout. And sometimes Andrea will say “yes, lets do it” and other times Andrea will say, “No, not today.” Either way, it is the voice of Andrea and Andrea’s decision only. (Eating Disorder, you have NO VOICE.)
- From Nutrition Session:: I need to learn to consume a wider variety of meals– especially those that still “scare” me; i.e. Pizza, pasta, and Burgers. These are yummy FUN foods!! Enjoy them!
- And, lastly… from my Doctor…. “Well Andrea, You are almost to the weight/BMI that you maybe might get a period…. maybe.” Yes, it is vague as all get-out, but it’s hell of a lot closer than I was a few months ago!!
This morning, I am either:
- a. sleeping in (as if my body would allow this…wishful thinking!)
- b. drinking coffee and eating cereal while watching the news (my norm and very likely!)
- c. running with a friend on the very scary/dangerous black iced streets (the option I want, but also don’t want to slip and kill myself.)
Have a great Thursday Everyone!!
Your winter training plans? Time off? Races soon? Cross training?
What are you MOST looking forward to right now?! A vacation, family, race, food, etc?
-Vacation with my family! We leave soon after Christmas for San Juan, PR to catch a cruise. Um… hello all you can eat buffet!! ((sounds like a PERFECT opportunity to put on this weight I have talked about :))