This a truly random post…
Yesterday morning it took hours and hours of me sitting on the couch drinking coffee, going back to bed at 5:30am after a huge breakfast, then waking back-up forgetting I had an issue brief for Environmental Management to finish writing…. before I finally got my booty out the door for a run.
BUT… yesterday morning, I got a nice brisk run in! 8.5 miles, feeling pretty good! Yippee!
I took off Monday from all workout/activity (except, of course, for rolling 😉
My mantra everyday is “Stay healthy, stay healthy STAY HEALTHY!!” So taking Monday off was mentally easy for me to do (when usually I really really struggle with rest days).
I also did a second workout yesterday, but it was all upper body weights and lower body “body-resistant” workouts. It was a wonderful little sweat-fest!
It occurred to me yesterday just how bad I am at being a Girl. Ok, more specifically… I am bad at being a “girly-girl”.
This was totally me as a child:
…anddd further proof that I have not grown into a lovely young lady;
- I shaved my legs for the first time in I don’t KNOW how long (and I cut them, as always. How many years of shaving until I can successfully leave the shower without looking like I was attacked and dying of blood loss?)
- I bought my very first curling iron this weekend.
- I tried to use my curling iron yesterday and every single strand ended up straighter than when I started. (I don’t get it?!?! I obviously need to practice… there are 7 year olds that can curl their hair…)
- I still don’t own a brush. I don’t see this changing any time soon.
- The amount I spit on my group runs with a bunch of strangers and one-time acquaintances actually makes it a miracle that they still run with me.
- When I am really needing to “doll-up” and “do-my-makeup”…. that consists of Mascara. That is it. I never learned how to use any other product.
- My favorite movies (in no order) are: Gladiator, Braveheart, The Departed, Last of the Mohicans, Inglorious Bastards, Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Blood Diamond, Legends of the Fall…Ok I am forgetting lots. But lets put it this way– if your boyfriend/husband/brother likes it… I am sure I do as well.
- I have always (and still do) want to be a cowboy.
- I wear my Salmon hiking shoes or old pair of running shoes everyday (my dress-up shoes are Sperry’s… you will never see me in flats/heels unless it is a wedding. And even then I am immediately barefoot on the dance floor).
- I HATE shopping. Literally… cannot think of anything I want to do less. (OH… unless it is running clothes/shoes specific. OR Costco. Then absolutely.)
- I have the most roughed up, chewed up, fingers and hands. Between my nervous habit of chewing my fingernails and hangnails and the calluses from weight lifting…. not only do my hands look disgusting, but they feel like sandpaper. Not exactly lovely lady hands, huh?
- I wear running shorts under ALL my skirts/dresses. No question about this. Never know when you need to turn athletic for a spur of the moment run/flag-football/pick-up soccer/trampoline… or just sit comfortable without worrying about people seein’ something they shouldn’t (ifyaknowwhatimean)…
No one in my family is good at being a girl… girly genes skipped my family. My mom (Elizabeth) made my grandma call her David when she was ilttle and they finally got her to wear a swim top (rather than just swim trunks) when she was 8 years old…
Yes… this post was truly random… If you didn’t make it through, I don’t blame you!
I have no clue what workout I will be doing today… maybe running… maybe more body resistant activities… we will see!! Mean while, have a fantastic Wednesday!
Are you good at being a Girl??
Running plans this week?
When is your next race!