Some REALLY exciting things have happened in the last 72 hours! Ok… well Exciting for me, maybe only slightly less than mind-numbing boring for you guys.
1.) Running Newness
EVERYTHING about my awesome run on Sunday was new and “out-of-character” for me.
- I ran in a full on T-shirt again. So weird… I don’t know why.
- I had on a brand new sports bra. My boobs were so so happy… it really is the “little” things in life 🙂
- I wore an awful, small skin tight pair of Nike compression shorts that I never wear but had to wear because I had no clean clothes. Yes, I had already worn my other shorts 5 times and turned them inside-out and all that… I felt really “large and in charge” in those skin tight booty shorts, but that faded after I had such a strong, great run 🙂
- I tried an entirely new route and found a park that I have always heard about it, but could never ever find!!! Turns out, I literally have been running in circles around the park and just always barely missing it… typical.
- I ran in the evening. I usually always run in the morning… but I did a 6:30pm run! It was glorious weather, and Sunday Evenings are kinda like the morning anyways! Peaceful, not a lot of people, quiet…
- Lastly, I ran with my hair in a Pony Tail. I NEVER wear a pony tail. When I workout, it is strictly a french braid. The bouncing up and down with a pony tail drives me INSANE. And yet, Sunday I ran in one. Why? I don’t know… because everything else about the run was “new” so I decided to try out a new hair style as well. Consensus? Not too bad! Still prefer the braid though 🙂
2.) Fun Decisions
The “thing” that I was thinking about signing up for that I mentioned yesterday? Well… it is official!! I am signed up for the Colorado Wilderness Emergency Medical Institute’s Wilderness First Responder course in Estes Park, CO on January 8, 2014! I have been wanting to get WFR certified for years… WFR is basically the Top-of-the-Top certificates you can get if you want to work in the outdoor field! I am not sure exactly when, but I definitely see an outdoor leadership job in my near future after graduation. Working for a travel company, Outward Bound, NOLS, Nature Bridge, Young Life Wilderness (backpacking), ski instructor, whitewater raft guide, etc. I could go on and on! Anways, the dates worked out perfectly, it was only really expensive not ohmygosh I just had a heart attack at that price. I am more the excited!
3.) Bold Choices
I may or may not have discussed that there is a course I was taking that I was so unhappy/stressed out with–Public Program Evaluation. I enjoyed it 0%. I am not expecting to LOVE every class… I know that there are hard classes that you need to take because you know they will benefit you and lead you toward your eventual career path… but this was not one of them. I can honestly say I dreaded it, I didn’t understand a thing in it, and it was not at all geared toward the career/direction I want to go. People said to Drop it… but I never even considered that. I would be such a failure, wouldn’t it?! I don’t quit! I am so confused!! I talked to my parents, talked to my advisers…. had the wonderful advice of Cori at OliveToRun…. and yesterday after my Law exam… I Officially WITHDREW from the course. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders!! I will still graduate on time, with the credits I need… but now in a much more “tailored” concentration/curriculum!
Whew! Doesn’t sound like a lot, but it was a lot of “newness” in a short amount of time… and the WFR and Class decision is actually a very big deal… lots of money was paid (or lost) but I have the support of all the people who matter to me!
Lastly, yesterday I went on a nice run with some of the running club!
3 days in a row, I have run ENTIRELY different routes with no distance in mind… yet they all ended up being 8.3 or 8.2 miles. weird…
Have a great one guys! I hope the day treats you all well 🙂
What is your favorite distance for a race? What is your favorite “every day” distance?
-I love racing half marathons… or 10ks… and every day training run I am going to go with 8.3 miles 🙂
Spandex runners, or lose running shorts?