Good Morning everyone!
Let’s Favorite-it-up, shall we?
- Scandal season premier was on last night!! So.Good. I love that show. If you don’t watch it… please find it online right now!
- There is snow in the mountains, and more to come! That means ski season is coming people!! Ski season is my favorite time of the year, hands down.
- I was able to swing by Fresh Market and pick up what can only be the best coffee ever. Pumpkin Spice.
- Tis the Season for me to make some delicious Oatmeal Chocolate Pumpkin Cookies! They are so simple— Oats, Pumpkin, chocolate chips. Bake ’em, BOOM. Wonderfullness in your mouth 🙂
I did a fun and NAKED run yesterday through some new sections of Bloomington! I loved being in the neighborhoods and away from the campus streets… honestly I hate running in campus. I don’t ever do it. But I started from where I had class and headed south to some new HILLY neighborhoods!
No Watch. No GPS. No iPod. LOVED IT. (I mapped it when I got home so I could run this route another day since I loved it so much! I did not have a CLUE how far I was running during the run…)
Yesterday, I had my therapist appointment followed immediately by a visit to my special “eating disorder” doctor. Both went well. I am not going to go into all of it… honestly it wears me out so much when I am there and I get so tired talking about “it”… so just know that according to the doctors, I am exactly where they would expect me to be. I am gaining weight at what they consider to be a slow, yet steady rate (which they like seeing better than lots of weight really fast).
The two things I will tell you, so you all an keep me accountable are:
- I need to mix up breakfast. I have started getting very very OCD and obsessed about my Kashi bowls of cereal. Yes it tastes good, but it has become more of a strict regime to the point that I feel I need to have it. So I am going to try small changes, like only cereal every other morning…
**In case you are wondering, I had and apple and oatmeal with a spoonful of pb, almond milk, raisins and cinnamon in there! Delicious!!**
- NO MORE BODY CHECKING. This is a major one. In the last month, I have slipped back into the habit of checking out my body in the mirror for minutes upon minutes… and I find myself sitting down in class/car/work and “feeling” “squeezing” “pinching” at my stomach and thighs… I really must break this habit. As my doctor points out, it is a Lose-Lose. Because of a disconnect between what my brain thinks I look like and what my body actually looks like. So no matter how much body checking I do… I will NEVER be satisfied. That was actually a huge wake-up call.
Well, I am not sure if I have a workout on the books today or not… plan on doing some Hill Loops in Brown County State Park (good thing it is State run, eh?) so we will see if I feel like an easy day or a rest day.
Thanks SO MUCH for the protein ideas! Lots of you had great ideas that I didn’t even think of… See, that is why I keep you guys around–You are so wise and wonderful! 🙂
Have a Fabulous Friday Friends!
Please say others watch Scandal?
Any skiers out there??
What is a Favorite of yours?