Sooo…that run I had mentioned yesterday didn’t go exactly as planned.
Yesterday morning I had hoped to do a nice 8 miles. I got in 4.5 instead. I just wasn’t feeling energized, focused… my legs were heavy, my mind was struggling. I cut my run majorly short and headed back home. Mentally, I think I was just very very tired. These past few weeks of school have been really intense. And we all know that “sleeping” is one of my biggest challenges… and now that I have been doing mainly morning runs… ya. I think mentally I was just a bit out-of-it. The physical problems associated with yesterdays run? Well, don’t know exactly. Haven’t come up with a good reason for the heavy legs yet.
But, later in the afternoon yesterday, I decided to do some lower body work in the weight room. To go along with my Protein intake ((I LOVED hearing your feedback!! Thank You!)) I wanted to get a good exhausting leg workout in and breakdown the muscle so I can build it back STRONGER. So I headed to the weights and did some deadlifts, power cleans, squats, and lunges (all with varying weights).
**Some key things to note in that ugly picture above. 1.) I was trying to show you how dirty and gross my fingers were from the barbells. Um… can we please get that place wiped down at least ONCE a week, my dear staff people?? 2.) My calluses. No body ever said that girls who weight lift were also hand models… 3.) Why does my hand have splotches of white?!?
I had to scoot my seat forward in the car in order to “clutch” all the way in since my legs were tired!
And I made sure to have a protein shake right when I finished 🙂
But luckily, I have discovered AudioBooks! Boy are those the way to go! I just finished Harry Potter, and now I am reading… um… wow to be honest I have no idea what it is called and I am too lazy to go out to the car to check! But it is good! 1800’s London-detective-thing 🙂
- Fall – there is just a change in the air (literally and metaphorically) when October comes around…
- Young Life Community– Thanks to Facebook/cell phones/email/etc, I am able to stay connected and up-to-date with many of the amazing men and women I worked with this summer at Young Life Timber Wolf Lodge in Michigan. They are inspiring, beautiful people who really show God’s love through all that they do. Incredible.
- Winter Break– I complain about being a student… but truth is when I enter the “real world” I will miss my 3 week vacation when my family always takes a great vacation!! We have one planned for this December 27… can’t wait!
- The Little Things– Coffee, animal crackers, a comfy couch, country music, my running shoes, the outdoors, NATURE, movement, activity…
- Mornings– I am at my best. Calm, together, relaxed, focused, ambitious…
- Night-time Devotionals– My iPhone reminds me every evening to read my devotionals. It is the last thing I do before closing my eyes every night. It is my favorite way to end my day…
- Support– My family and friends (and you guys) are so crucial to all the changes that have been going on in my life with nutrition, health, running, etc. Thank you.
Have a great Thursday por favor!
Love hard on everyone you meet and interact with today!
Tell me about a good run recently!
What meal/dinner/breakfast are you looking forward to today, tomorrow, this weekend…?