I loved hearing (reading?) all of your advice and thoughts yesterday on the 20 mile Sunday race in Chicago!
I thought about it… thought about it… thought a little more… then, it just hit me as I was eatin’ a delicious bowl of Kashi/Chex cereal with a few apples and a couple spoonfuls of crunchy PB and a few homemade granola cookies (wow that is quite the breakfast, eh?)::
I totally want to do this race and I am smiling just thinking about it!
Therefore, I signed up! I always get that tingly, nervous feeling right after I have entered my credit card information before I click SUBMIT. My heart rate literally speeds up… so exciting signing up for a race!
My plan of attack for Sunday?
- There are pace groups and I plan on settling in with one and start talking to the others around me!
- Practice my fueling- Work on taking Shot-bloks and/or Clif Bars with Gatorade/Nuun tablets and see how I feel!
- Watch the sun rise over Lake Michigan– I am seriously most excited for this!
- Dream the entire run about the wonderful brunch I will be having with my two best friends as soon as the run is over!!
- NOT think about anything regarding school, work, stress, disordered eating, body image, weight-grain, etc. No room for negative thoughts like that in my head!
- Stay safe, run smart, listen to my body…
- HAVE A GREAT TIME 🙂
Knowing I would be gone from Saturday afternoon to Sunday afternoon… I got to work yesterday on papers/projects/studying to try and lighten-the-load for this weekend and next week. I also plan on being so ridiculously productive today it aint even funny. (I mean, that is always the goal, right?) But no really… I plan to kick some butt today and make lots of check-marks in my planner (such a great feeling)!
I am leaving on a run this morning, solo, and while I am looking forward to some ‘me’ time and going exactly what pace I want... I can tell I will quickly miss the laughing and randomness that running with the other ladies brings!
Hoping for a great run anyways! And SAFETY! Always safety… its a scary world out there for an early runner!
Have a day full of positive thoughts and smiles! ITS FRIDAY!!!
Any other ideas for my Sunday Run approach? What do you guys think about running?