So I am getting antsy without a race. Yes, I know I have the Richmond Marathon in November… But that is November people. This is September. Looong ways off!
I found a 20 miler “Training Run/Race” in Chicago this Sunday! Its primary purpose is for the Chicago Marathoners to put in a last long run together before the marathon in October, but obviously it is open to everyone.
It is point-to-point, running along the water the entire way! I love running in Chicago!
- I love to run.
- I want to put in a long run anyways this weekend… might as well do it with a bunch of other people?
- “Free” shirt. Yes, I still think of them as ‘free’ even though it cost me an arm and leg for the entry fee.
- Great practice for getting my fueling routine down before Richmond.
- I can stay with my best friends for free who happen to be hosting a Beer Pong Tournament Saturday!
- I mean, why not run it, right??
- It is going to be FREEZING at the 6:30am start.
- It is always a little sad/depressing waking up at the butt-crack of dawn by yourself to go to a race by yourself. I love having at least one other person…
- School work. Blehh. Driving to and from Chicago will take up precious study/work time. I have lots of exams/papers/assignments due next week… meaning I will have to be extra productive this week and the little time I will have on Saturday.
- Will I get awful sleep Saturday with the beer pong tourney going on? ((Do I care?)) Ya I probably do a little… maybe this isn’t a Con but more of an annoyance.
I need to decide by Tomorrow (Thursday!) because that is when online registration ends!!
In other News–
Yesterday I got in a great 50 minute chest/shoulder workout. Muscles were screaming! I hadn’t done weights in a while… so it felt great!
I had to miss Bible Study last night due to studying for Environmental Management. Lame.
This morning I ran at 6 am with some girls! Yay! It was slow…but that is OK! It is just about getting out there and gettin’ ‘er done and enjoying the morning, right! The girls are just the nicest people!!
Have a FABULOUS DAY FRIENDS!!!!
What are your thoughts on Running the 20 miler in Chicago Sunday??
Has Fall weather reached your neck of the woods yet??