I was able to trail run 9 miles Saturday and 10 miles Sunday at different locations.
And you know what I learned?
Trail Running is a beautiful thing…
I think I smiled the entire run… I was just so happy and thankful to God that I had the ability to get out there and do something that is so beautiful… Running is beautiful, enjoying the silence of nature is beautiful… running as the sunrises is beautiful… hearing your breathing perfectly in tune with the pounding of your feet is beautiful…
I have found my new love.
You know how I mentioned a few posts ago that I seem to go through workout waves of running and lifting? Some weeks I am just down right obsessed with weight lifting and feeling the burnnnn! Other weeks… it is all about the run.
This week was a running week. I just couldn’t get enough!
- Monday– 5.4 miles with BARA running group!
- Tuesday– 5.75 miles in between classes on what was the most humid day of my life.
- Wednesday– 6 miles at 6:30 am with a 4 new friends from Bible Study and BARA!!
- Thursday– Off.
- Friday--8.5 mile tempo at 6:15 am. Felt great !! It was a beautiful morning!
- Saturday– 9 mile Trail Run with new running friend Chris (whom I met Monday)! ((It is known in these here parts as having some of the hardest hills… so of course I LOVE IT!))
- Sunday–10 mile Trail Run at Brown County State Park, again with Chris. It was absolutely gorgeous. I felt so alive…
- Total Miles– 44
The trail runs were absolutely incredible (hence doing them 2 days in a row) and were definitely the highlight of my week!!
I felt so alive…
You guys know my love for hills. And the trails provided plenty!! The other great thing about trail running, is that time and pace are meaningless! Who cares how fast you run? Every trail is so different that it means nothing! I love that!! I just ran comfortable and fun! I felt like I could have gone on forever!!
We did both of the trail runs early in the morning… it was actually really cold and we could see our breaths!! I was not ready for that! But of course it meant it was perfect running weather!
I wiped out on Saturday, face planting on a downhill. It is seriously by the Grace of God that I didn’t permanently injure myself. I scraped my self up and have some great bruises developing… but absolutely ZERO bone/muscle/tendon injuries. Relief!!
I came home and fueled with a piece of toast with egg/spinach/tomato/onion… a long with apples (!!!) Special K chips, english muffin with peanutbutter, kashi cereal, 2 greek yogurts, and like 5 oatmeal chocolate cookies I made…. I am not exaggerating at all… I ate all of this when I came home. It took me about 2 hours straight to get through it all. I just didn’t stop…
- I am obsessed with running this week… trail running to be exact… and I eat so freaking much when I am done.
Have a Magnificent Monday my friends!
Do you guys like to trail run??
Tell me about your greatest run this past week/weekend!!