Weekly Thursday Morning Thankfuls and Loves ❤
I missed last week because I was in survival mode in trying to make it through my first week of work (and busiest week of work!) in one piece.
Work has been mainly great, but little things here and there that are very very frustrating… But in keeping with looking at the bright side and being thankful for the life God has blessed me with, I am going to just pray that I have the strength and patience to move past them!
- My family– seriously don’t know what I would do without them. They are my best friends and know me better than I know myself. To be able to trust them when they give me advice is so reassuring because I know they love me and want only the best for me.
- Running– I am so so thankful that I am running (and have been running) injury free for a very long time now! I am so used to having some sort of injury that I havn’t even noticed that I have had healthy legs/lungs/feet/etc!
- Light in the Morning!– I love love love the brightness that creeps up earlier every day! Currently 5 mins till 6am and it is showing the beginning of dawn! This opens up so many avenues for the day and reassures me that summer is COMING!!
- The blogging community– As mentioned in recent posts, you guys and your advice/support/encouragement/stories/humor/workouts are just wonderful and have become a part of my daily routine! I never ever thought I would feel such a sense of community as I do from the blogging (running) world!
- Wake up calls– by this I mean mental health wake-up calls. Every time I stray into negative food thinking and body image issues, somehow, in someway, I get a wake-up call that puts life in perspective. Much needed perspective…
- Apples– Seriously, it is 6am and I have had 4 (and 2 pears) already. Unfortunately this quickly leads to sugar/acid overload and I feel BLOATED all day… but man is it good to eat them 🙂
- I leave for Young Life camp in 2 weeks– I have not told you all about this yet (but don’t you worry… I will!) but I am volunteering at a Young Life camp, which is a global Christian Organizations, for 4 weeks in Michigan during the month of June. I have been worrying about how/where I am going to run while there (clearly important!) and just today on facebook, another boy staffer posted that he will be running 5 days/week and is looking for running buddies! YAYYY! I jumped on that right away!
- Earth Fare– it is almost open!!! Seriously so excited… nothing gets me pumped like a new whole foods/health foods store with what I hear is an AWESOME salad bar. Yummmm!
- Dreams– I have dreams and plans of awesome, far away races to run! I am loving trying to put together a plausible plan and actually carry through with it without people whispering in my ear about the money I am spending or “Why don’t you just run a race around here??” Because I want to run in new places guys…Indiana is great and all, but….
- 3 day weekend– Memorial Weekend guys! No work on Monday! I sadly have no big plans, but I am really working on crashing a cookout or bbq… please let me know if you are having one and I will come bearing food 🙂
and an extra #11, as always…
God and the blessings he showers on the world everyday– it is hard to remember this while so much heartbreak and pain is on the news, but I firmly believe that God is a loving God and all things have a purpose. He knows our life from start to finish. That is reassuring, no?
Have a GREAT day everyone!
What are you thankful for / loving lately?!?
Seriously… any cookouts this weekend in the area? I want to comeeeeee