How Andrea is getting out of her Awesome Little Funk ((ALF-this is how I will now refer to it.))
1. 6 mile run with 4 miles of cut-downs in there (is it of any surprise that THIS ALONE seemed to pull me out of my ALF?)
2. Water. I realized that I had really not been drinking enough lately and that I was dehydrated and actually thirsty rather than hungry, which is why the mindless snacking and no meals thing that was going one– and this was what was really mentally getting me messed up.
3. Coffee. Yes I know, I just said water, and coffee can actually help dehydrate you, but I love nothing more than a good, black Cuppa Joe.
4. Sleep. I am notorious for awful nights sleep. I get excited when I get 6 hours worth. But last night was pretty darn good! I got 7 hours!
5. Talking to my Padre. He always reminds me that the things in life I worry about (he means food and exercising) are NOT Life and Death! He always reminds me to just relax.
6. Thinking about my Vacation in 2 weeks! My mom is taking me to Red Mountain Adventure Spa out in St. George, Utah for a week of clean eating, hiking, biking, yoga, Pilates, relaxation, and early to bed!! Can.Not.Wait.
7. Remembering I am 22 years old and the weight of the world is not on my shoulders.
8. Showering. As I mentioned in my Fun Facts About Yours Truly post, I could stand to shower a bit more in my week. Well, it is amazing what a hot, steaming shower and scrub down can do for a girl.
9. Prayer. I am so bad about this. I should turn to God first thing in all aspects, but I forget/try to deal with in on my own. I think, God doesn’t need to worry about this, its not a big enough deal to bring Him in, I can handle this myself. But God WANTS to be involved! He WANTS to worry for us!
10. Thinking about Boston, thinking about those out there who have serious problems in the world- disabled, struggling financially, abusive relationships, no relationship with their family, dealing with death of a loved one… And realizing how unbelievably blessed I am. Some times I almost feel guilty for living the life I have. In the grand scheme of things, there is nothing more I could possibly want. I am a happy girl.
Hope everyone has a great Wednesday and finds a million and one things to smile about throughout the day!!